SUMMARY STATEMENT/POSITION OVERVIEW
Directs coaches and organizes employees to achieve production goals through monitoring the process.
- Monitors internal WIP (Work in process) and inventory of sequenced material.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing growth opportunities.
- Maintains quality results by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Provides production metrics by analyzing performance records data, answering questions and responding to request.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel in the use of 5S principles and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel issues by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Monitors Rework / replacement logs and applicable documentation.
- Initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation with and between departments.
- Completes production plan by monitoring OEM (Original manufacturer equipment) bank, Queue and trigger by scheduling and assigning personnel; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; resolving problems; accurately reporting results of the process on production summaries.
- Maintains throughput by monitoring steps of the process; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; facilitating root cause analysis activities to failures within the process and report findings.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
SPECIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication skills, instructional and leadership skills
- General computer skills and a strong ability to navigate inventory systems
- Ability to use problem solving skills to correct issues
- Ability to demonstrate full understanding of production process flow
- Just-In-Time (JIT) Sequencing process
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE
- Production Efficiency
- Ability to demonstrate continuous improvement
- Completeness and usability of documentation
- Completion of assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Effectiveness of training
- Effectiveness of communication
- Effective supervision of direct report employees
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively deal with both customers and suppliers
Hollingsworth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Hollingsworth complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Hollingsworth expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hollingsworth Logistics Group's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
NOTICE: As of May 1, 2007, Hollingsworth prohibits the hiring of new employees who show the use of tobacco with the exception of employment in California and West Virginia.
- Job Family SUP
- Pay Type Hourly
- Highland Park, MI 48203, USA