Parking Control Officer - Temporary
Under general supervision, to perform public contact work in enforcing parking code compliance; to patrol an assigned area to enforce the City parking codes through issuance of citations; and to perform a variety of clerical duties. Selected candidates will maintain the highest professional levels of customer service by utilizing efficient problem-solving techniques to address customer concerns or inquiries.
This position exercises no supervision.
IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
1. Patrol an assigned area of the City checking for parking violations, improper and illegal parking; write citations. Call Dispatch when an eligible vehicle is located for towing.
2. Prepare and maintain required records, including logs of parking enforcement activities. Maintenance and accounting for all ticket writing electronics and tickets issued throughout each work day.
3. Report traffic accidents, hazards and emergencies.
4. Assist citizens with directions and other needed information or assistance.
5. Assist with training new or temporary staff.
6. Perform a variety of office duties including entering computer data, filing accident reports, sketching accident diagrams, running copies, and handling various non-technical duties.
OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES
Perform other job related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Safe work practices and principles.
Principles and practices used in dealing with the public.
Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment.
Operate office equipment including computer equipment.
Record detailed information from observation of specific circumstances.
Learn the City of Abilene’s Code regarding parking ordinances.
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, both internally and externally.
Follow and embrace the City of Abilene Core Values – Respect, Integrity, Service Above Self, and Excellence in All We Do.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination equivalent to experience and training to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be qualifying. Knowledge, skills, and abilities may be obtained through:
One (1) year of customer service experience with public contact, such as hospitality, retail, or general office duties is desired.
A high school diploma or GED is required.
License or Certificate:
No licenses are required.
Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment:
Remain on your feet and walk at least 1.65 miles within an hour each hour of the designated shift.
Ability to sit, stand, walk, and twist.
Walking on rough surfaces on a routine basis and routine exposure to significant levels of heat, cold, moisture and air pollution such as those encountered in general outdoor conditions.
Works near moving and/or heavy traffic.
Work frequently involves dealing with difficult people in high pressure and/or conflict situations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $10.61
- Max Hiring Rate $13.00
- City Hall, 555 Walnut Street, Abilene, Texas, United States of America