Residential Supervisor - 4112-201-N
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under the direction of the Clinical Director, the Residence Supervisor has responsibility for clinical, physical plant operations, rehabilitative and recovery, case management and administrative supervision in CCNS’s residential services. Responsibilities also include supervision of staff in the residential programs, assuring that program staff carries out their job responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner and maintain availability to staff during all program hours of operation.
The Residence Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of care in order to ensure the appropriateness and effectiveness of residential and supportive services, identification of gaps in residential and service delivery system, representing the Agency at meetings, conferences, and public forums, strategic planning and implementation, development and implementation of processes and services that will improve the residential environment and service delivery system, program development – including monitoring revenue and occupancy rates, productivity, outcomes, staff training and development and staff supervision, compliance with contracts, agency policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and audit readiness and new initiatives.
The Residence Supervisor will be required to maintain a professional and ethical disposition at all times, while ensuring that subordinates practice professionalism and ethical behavior as well. The Residence Supervisor ensures the rights, safety and approved care of all residents by implementing best practices in accordance with the Part 595 Regulations of the New York State Office of Mental Health as well guidelines implemented by the Agency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and oversee all aspects related to the delivery of residential, rehabilitative and recovery, clinical and case management services – including physical plant operations and program site visits on all staffing work shifts.
- Provide direct residential, rehabilitative and recovery, clinical and case management services to designated client population.
- Develop, oversee and participate in the group program as well as the activity program to ensure the delivery of appropriate rehabilitation and recovery services.
- Prepare a quarterly activity program with the Activities Coordinator and/or appropriate staff.
- Conduct review of residents’ living quarters to ensure appropriateness, safety and that ADL interventions are occurring.
- Oversee the screening, admission and discharge processes and complete statistical reports on census accordingly.
- On-going assessment of clients’ ability to transition to independent housing.
- Upon eligibility, complete all necessary documents to obtain/retain appropriate credentials, certifications and licenses.
- Conduct unscheduled visits to program site to ensure resident safety and personnel performance.
- Ensure that target population has access to service according to contractual requirements and Agency Mission.
- Plan, coordinate, identify and implement program outcomes and evaluation, strategic planning, accreditation efforts and program development.
- Contribute to the development of residential, rehabilitation and recovery and treatment protocols, clinical pathways and policy papers as needed.
- Contribute to the development of programmatic policies and monitoring staff adherence to policies.
- Responsible for orienting and training new staff.
- Actively participate in supervisory process either as supervisor or supervisee.
- Provide and/or oversee supervision of staff and graduate students.
- Additional involvement with high-risk residents and the staff overseeing treatment- including but not limited to MICA counselors.
- Ensure integration of MICA work both clinically and in charting and documentation.
- Assure charts and programs are in audit readiness through documented chart review.
- Develop or adhere to program tracking systems to ensure timeliness of resident documentation and all required internal and external paperwork including evaluations.
- Work collaboratively with Housekeeping/Maintenance staff keeping the staff in those departments informed of program issues which impact on their functioning and require their cooperation.
- Develop appropriate supervision coverage policies and procedures to ensure that adequate supervision and management is in effect for all work shifts.
- Ensure appropriate means for communicating resident and program information to all staff.
- Facilitate case review/conferences on at least a bi-weekly basis.
- Conduct briefings and bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in staff development and provide staff supervision and staff training through regularly scheduled and documented supervision and in-service trainings to staff including those who work evenings, overnight and weekends.
- Provide staff with ongoing feedback regarding work performance through constructive criticism; evaluate and employ Agency disciplinary process as needed.
- Provide and/or participate in-service trainings related to behavioral health- including rehabilitative and recovery, case management, clinical and residential and restorative services.
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff report incidents in a professional manner to all required forums.
- Collaborate with Agency and program staff to develop and adhere to on-site emergency response preparedness and readiness protocols.
- Monitor staff adherence to Agency, funding source and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and facilitate staff adherence to levels of service/occupancy rates and productivity and revenue targets.
- Ability to provide coverage and supervision at the program(s) or in situations which require 24 hour/7 day per week response.
- Assure that program goals, objectives and the Agency Mission are understood, fostered and supported throughout at the program level.
- Facilitate program compliance with fire, safety, and health standards as per licensing and or quality assurance requirements and standards.
- Facilitate staff’s understanding and incorporation of Agency determined Best Practices, Integrated Delivery and/or Evidence Based Practices models as needed.
- Identify and report of Agency inefficiencies that negatively impact on program ability to provide services and function in an efficient and professional manner.
- Facilitate cooperation and rapid response to service requests related to identified parish and community needs.
- Reporting to Behavioral Health Services Administration and/or Agency Administration issues that may have a negative impact on the reputation of the Agency, client and/or staff welfare or any corporate compliance issue.
- Participate in the development of the Corrective Action Plans related to audit and/or Quality Assurance activities – including implementation of the Corrective Action Plan at the program level.
- Participate in the development and the implementation of strategies to assure that programs may obtain highest level of certification/license.
- Participating on Agency committees as needed.
- Participate in the development strategies to ensure that the Agency is regarded as a leader in its service provider communities.
- Participate in staff recruitment.
- Par Participation as needed to Agency’s response to serious incidents and critical debriefing.
- Participate in the on-call duty roster for coverage.
- Involvement in the RFP process, CQI initiatives and other grant initiatives as needed.
- Assume responsibility for program operations in the absence of other supervisory staff and/or the Residential Administrator/Director of Field Operations. Ensuring the smooth operation of the facility in the absence of other supervisory and/or management level staff. This includes but is not limited to the supervision of staff and providing assistance with the daily operation of the facility.
- Track issues related to staff retention and contributing to development of methodologies to address staff turnover.
- Awareness, preparation and participation in internal and external audits.
- Collaborate with program management in the identification of new referral sources and developing marketing strategies.
- Work in a collaborative manner with peers, supervisors and Administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related field
- New York State LCSW or LMSW preferred.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Excellent clinical & supervisory skills along with three (3) years of mental health experience and/or substance abuse experience.
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience in the field.
- Requires a combination of skills in the following areas; operational oversight and evaluation of program services and staff, personnel management, public relations, governmental relations, leadership development and team building skills.
- Time management, organizational, and computer skills.
- Ability to evaluate and intervene in crisis situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with public speaking, lobbying and advocacy.
- Flexibility & Creativity.
- Able to coordinate schedule with counterparts in Behavioral Health Services, demonstrate a belief and understanding of the Agency Mission.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
§ Able to travel to multiple program sites throughout the five boroughs
§ Ability to work flexible hours.
§ Must be available to consult with program staff 24/7 and be available to respond to a crisis situation if necessary.
§ Regularly required to talk, hear, walk, stand, & sit. .
§ Able to lift up to 10 pounds.
§ Able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
§ Ability to read printed & handwritten materialsand computer screens.
- Pay Type Salary
- 249 Classon Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205, USA