Case Manager III, 1252-209-N
183-16 Jamaica Ave, Jamaica, NY 11423, USA Req #2660
Thursday, August 26, 2021
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Case Manager III provides comprehensive services to homebound elderly clients in the community through support services to maintain the client at home with a safe care plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide a comprehensive in-home assessment and reassessment of the older person’s current functional and cognitive capacities and limitations, unmet needs, and eligibility requirements for benefits and entitlements.
* Develops and implement a care plan with the senior and his/her family when needed, to address the client’s unmet needs in order to assist them to continue to live safely in their own homes.
* Provides crisis intervention services when needed, for situations such as medical emergencies, utility shut-offs, bedbug infestations, and disaster response.
* Provide emergency coverage for Home Delivered Meal clients when the client fails to answer the door, when needed.
* Perform intake activities, which include assessing eligibility, preliminary evaluation of the presenting problem, initiating services as needed and providing information and referral services.
* Complete a comprehensive DFTA assessment form for each client on a timely basis and according to funding source regulations.
* Advocate and apply for services and benefits for those whose needs are not being met.
* Maintain up-to-date: case notes, waiting lists for clients on caseload, and the timely submission of monthly statistics and reports as required by the agency and the funding source.
* Attend trainings including yearly training hours required by DFTA and other agency trainings/meetings.
* Develop program resources and referral network
* Utilize the Peer Place data system for client information and screen for benefits with UNIFORM system.
* Assist in the development of ongoing programming and outreach
* Represent the client at Fair Hearings when the client or his family is unable to do so.
* Coordinate services such as Meals on Wheels, Personal Care or Intake.
* Coordinate and train other program staff on benefits or entitlements, when requested.
* Represent agency at community advocacy and meetings.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
* Bachelor’s Degree in Human related services from an accredited college or university.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
* Knowledge of entitlement for older adults preferred.
* Good verbal and written command of the English Language.
* Proficient in computer software applications, Excel, and Microsoft Office.
* Within 6 months of hire date learn the DFTA client software system for data entry of client files
* Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
* Bilingual English/Spanish, English/Russian, English/Chinese, English/Polish preferred.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and office equipment.
* Able to climb stairs and make home visits.
* Frequent sitting, standing, and walking.
* Able to stretch and bend to retrieve files.
* Ability to lift up to 10lbs.
* Ability to read printed and handwritten materials.
* Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
* Able to travel to client’s homes, meetings, conferences and other locations for trainings and meetings.
- 183-16 Jamaica Ave, Jamaica, NY 11423, USA