Administrative Assistant; 2229-401-A
1900a Ralph Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11234, USA Req #2261
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining the program in the area of administrative support, bookkeeping, preparing program and participant check requests, and oversight of petty cash. The position requires bookkeeping duties as well as clerical functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bookkeeping duties.
- Prepare check requests and pay program bills.
- Prepare and keep track of household financial assistance expenditures.
- Set up, organize and maintain confidential files and agency documents.
- Type reports & correspondence.
- Set up & dismantle meeting space.
- Monitor, order & purchase supplies.
- Operate & maintain in working order the switchboard, photocopier, fax machine, computers & printers.
- Accurately take messages, route calls and greet visitors. Mail distribution.
- Create forms, file & copy as necessary.
- Act as a messenger.
- Able to work evening hours.
- Assist with program activities/special projects
- Participate in staff and other program meetings.
- Perform other related duties as requested or assigned.
- Perform functions of Administrative Secretary and Resource Coordinator in their absence.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
High School Diploma/GED
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Two years secretarial experience, which includes one year experience in office administration, data entry and basic accounting required.
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, &Internet; Access helpful.
- Computer & organizational skills, ability to work in a team, and an understanding of all clerical functions.
- Excellent administrative and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to explain processes and procedures to staff.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask, offer feedback, and constructive criticism required.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Calculator skills.
- Good command of English language.
- Ability to communicate, type, spell and correct usage of English grammar.
- Bilingual a plus.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel to other sites within the five boroughs as needed.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Regularly required to use their hands & fingers.
- Frequenting walking, sitting, talking, or hearing.
- Occasional standing, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- Ability to read printed materials and computer screen.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- 1900a Ralph Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11234, USA