Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner; 4161-602-A
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under an affiliation of a physician, the Nurse Practitioner provides services within the scope of his/her license/certification and according to the professional standards of his/her discipline. The Nurse Practitioner will meet CCNS’ requirements for qualitative and quantitative contacts with clients. Including medical evaluations, conducting groups related to wellness and self -management, provides psycho-education to improve participants understanding and management of specific disorders
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine clients’ diagnosis and psychiatric needs, prescribe the medication to be utilized during the course of treatment, and provide education.
- Review the appropriateness of the existing medication regimen through review of the medication record and consultation with the client and staff to prescribe and/or administer medication, including injectable and Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT Services); monitors the effects of the medication on the clients’ mental and physical health, including measuring weight, height and blood pressure for clients ages 5 and older for clients who participate in treatment within the agency’s substance abuse programs and mental health clinics. Document prescriptions, interventions, weight, height, and blood pressure upon every visit.
- Collaborative documentation on all required forms and documentation in the client record.
- Conduct Psychiatric evaluations, psychiatric updates, health monitoring, smoking cessation, and crisis intervention as needed and required by regulations.
- Track and maintain paperwork for special programs, such as City funded children’s immunization and flu shots.
- Works collaboratively with the Psychiatrist and treatment team. Functions as a vital part of an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Ensuring that target population has access to service according to contractual requirements and Agency Mission.
- Follow-up on referrals made on behalf of the participant and respond to all referrals in a timely and professional manner, recognizing the need for effective collaboration in order to insure the highest levels of service provision.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Represent agency and Clinic at inter-agency meetings and conferences.
- Conduct staff meetings and/or training as directed.
- Empower individuals to identify and achieve recovery goals in chosen life roles/environments.
- Develop and facilitate classes, groups and activities whose focus is medication education and management, wellness self-management, symptom monitoring, and smoking cessation.
- Report all incidents as outlined in Agency policies and procedures manual in a timely and professional manner.
- Collect urine specimens for toxicology’s.
- Identify service gaps which impede Agency’s ability to deliver services and function in an efficient and professional manner.
- Report to Behavioral Health Services Administrative Staff and/or other Agency Administration any issues which may have a negative impact on the reputation of the Agency, client and/or staff welfare or any corporate compliance issues.
- Provide coverage at multiple program locations.
- Participate in in-service trainings and attend relevant workshops/conferences at the request of or with the permission the Clinical Director.
- Participate in the development of new service initiatives, including research, analysis and preparation of written reports.
- Participate in all CCNS CQI and QA projects.
- Participate in all audit processes.
- Participate, as needed, in Agency response to serious incidents
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent
- New York State Nurse Practitioner License and Current Registration
- Current CPR (BLS), First Aid
- DEA registration
- ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center) Certification
- Apply for and maintain valid NPI number
- Must receive (Medication Administration Training) & become MAT certified within first 6 months of employment
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Computer literate with proficiency in word processing/data entry skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills.
- Possess the skills to appropriately assess/de-escalate/intervene in crisis
- Demonstrated ability to interact with multicultural staff
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work flexible hours, according to the needs of program operation.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, & climbing stairs.
- Should be able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
- Ability to read printed & handwritten materials.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations within the five boroughs as needed.
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 91-14 37th Ave, Jackson Heights, NY 11372, USA