1328 Putnam Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11221, USA Req #2391
Friday, June 11, 2021
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under the supervision of the program manager, the Activity Specialist is responsible for developing, directly presenting and supervising all daily group activities for students ages 5-10 years old. The Activity Specialist in lesson planning will organize and create productive and interactive learning activities which will include academics, recreational, social, emotional, cultural awareness and communication. The Activity Specialist will maintain and conduct themselves with professionalism, integrity and moral character as indicated program manual and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Promote the physical, intellectual, social, cultural and emotional well-being of children.
* Provide adequate supervision of the children during all enrichment/learning activities.
* Prepare daily activity logs (lesson plans), record attendance, complete reports relating to the children (teacher survey) in a timely manner.
* Creatively use age appropriate materials to assist students in their learning process.
* Create a classroom environment conducive to engaging students in the learning process.
* Maintain a student portfolio for each student.
* Monitor the Teacher Aide, Junior Aide, Student Interns, Volunteers and/or S.Y.E.P. Youth.
* Complete staff development training pursuant to the guidelines issued by the Department of Health, and/or personnel policies of Catholic Charities Neighborhood Services, Inc.
* Abide by all school-aged children care program written disciplinary policies and/or guidelines: including following emergency safety plan, behavior management plan and all specific child care program policies and procedural guidelines as indicated by program manager.
* Participate in staff development training and/or workshops, conferences, and staff meetings as indicated by the program manager.
* Other duties when assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
* Associates Degree/AA (the equivalent college credits) or High School Diploma/GED with 3 years of working with children of all ages.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
* Experience working with children ages 5-10 years old.
* Ability to develop and present lesson/subject/content material.
* Good classroom management skills.
* Experience with behavior modification activities.
* Ability to be a team player.
* Good leadership and communication skills.
* Ability to engage in productive supervision.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Computer literate, including experience with all Microsoft Office software packages, local area networks, and the Internet.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Regularly required to talk, hear, walk, stand, & sit.
* Able to climb stairs if necessary.
* Able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse & office equipment.
* Able to participate and willing to perform physical activities i.e. Gym.
* Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
* Able to travel to multiple locations as needed.
* Available and willing to travel to professional/staff development trainings or workshops.
* Available and willing to work evening hours this includes program shows, staff meeting, field trips, and/or medical emergencies.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 1328 Putnam Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11221, USA