Activity Coordinator MA - 7695-204-N
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under the direction of the Clinical Director II, the Activity Coordinator has responsibility for clinical, rehabilitative and recovery, case management and residential services located within the Caring Supported Housing LLC. The Activity Coordinator works as part of a team, facilitating a team approach and collaboration with property management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess and evaluate clients’ rehabilitation and recreational needs following a strengths- based model.
- Maintain a group caseload of formerly homeless, predominantly mentally ill, or MICA clients.
- Participate in case conferences and assist in the assessment of clients’ rehabilitation and clinical needs.
- Develop and lead range of on-going educational and rehabilitation activities (including groups, workshops, and newsletters) that encourage socialization and interaction of tenants in the community. This will include collaborating with or consulting for other on-site staff to ensure groups meet the wide range and evolving needs of the tenant communities.
- Network with community groups and Agency programs to provide clients opportunities for community-based activities and cultural enrichment.
- Participate in conferences, trainings, and workshops.
- Prepare documentation (including chart notes and monthly reports) as required by funding source and Agency.
- Provide clients with intervention services as needed.
- Facilitate staff’s understanding and incorporation of Agency determined Best Practices, Integrated Delivery and/or Evidence Based Practices models as needed.
- Participate in the on-call duty roster for coverage.
- Adhere to agency policy and procedures.
- Ensuring the smooth operation of the facility in the absence of other supervisory and/or management level staff, and providing assistance with the daily operation of the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
- Masters Degree in Counseling, Art Therapy, Rehabilitation, or related field.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Experience in a mental health or rehabilitation setting.
- Experience providing services to the homeless or mentally ill or MICA population in a mental health or other social service setting.
- Ability to assess needs of community and develop appropriate group interventions.
- Ability to facilitate/co-facilitate psycho-educational groups and activities.
- Ability to use creative interventions for individual and group counseling.
- Sensitivity to homeless issues.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in computer software applications, specifically Microsoft Office and Outlook in addition to electronic systems including charting and practice management.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work a flexible schedule providing evening, weekend, and holiday coverage as needed.
- Ability to travel to program, meeting, conference and other locations throughout the five boroughs as needed including the community.
- Frequent sitting to write reports and when meeting with clients.
- Able to be available to respond to 24-hour emergency phone
- Able to talk, hear, walk, stand, and sit.
- Able to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
- Able to read printed materials and computer screens.
- May be required to meet with residents and/or staff throughout facilities.
- Able to travel to multiple program sites during all hours of program operations if necessary.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 126 Sackman St, Brooklyn, NY 11233, USA