Clinical Director II - 7695-202-N
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Clinical Director II will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of care in a Non-Medicaid Supported Housing program. Under the direction of the Senior Vice President, the Clinical Director II has responsibility for administrative and managerial operations in residential services. Responsibilities also include supervision of supervisory level staff in the residential programs, assuring that program staff carries out their job responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner and maintaining availability to management staff for consultation during all program hours of operation.
The Clinical Director II-Supported Housing will be responsible for overseeing appropriateness and effectiveness of residential services, identification of gaps in service delivery system, representing the Agency at meetings, conferences and public forums, strategic planning and implementation, development and implementation of processes and services that will improve the service delivery system, program development – including monitoring revenue, expenditures, client monies, productivity, outcomes, staff training and development and staff supervision, compliance with budgets and contracts, agency policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and audit readiness and new initiatives. The Clinical Director II is expected to have regular interactions with other management staff within the other corporations in CCBQ to promote coordinated care and comprehensive service delivery
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring and overseeing all aspects related to the delivery of residential services – including program site visits on all staffing work shifts.
- Monitoring all aspects related to disbursement of client monies, i.e. – utilities checks, clients incentives, etc.
- Monitoring the timely collection of client rent and/or other client fees.
- Oversee the process of apartment acquisition and negotiation of leases.
- Monitoring relationships with landlords, building maintenance and utility providers.
- Provide direct clinical and case management services to designated client population.
- Ensure that clients receive all necessary benefits and entitlements and that the benefits are current and active.
- Ensuring that target population has access to service according to contractual requirements and Agency Mission.
- Planning, coordinating, identifying and implementing program outcomes and evaluation, strategic planning, accreditation efforts and program development.
- Contribute to the development of programmatic policies and monitoring program adherence to policies.
- Responsible for hiring, orienting and training new staff.
- Provide and/or oversee supervision of staff and graduate students.
- Develop appropriate supervision coverage policies and procedures to ensure that adequate supervision and management is in effect for all work shifts.
- Monitoring appropriateness of staff development models, staff supervision and staff training.
- Providing and/or coordinating in-service trainings related to management and/or behavioral health.
Tracking issues related to staff retention and contributing to development of methodologies to address staff turnover.
- Responsible for ensuring that all programs report incidents in a professional manner to all required forums.
- Collaborate with Agency and program staff to develop and adhere to on-site emergency response preparedness and readiness protocols.
- Monitoring program adherence to Agency, funding source and regulatory requirements.
- Awareness, preparation and participation in internal and external audits.
- Develop Corrective Action Plans related to audit and/or Quality Assurance activities – including implementation of the Corrective Action Plan at the program level.
- Develop and implement strategies to assure that programs may obtain highest level of certification/license.
- Participate in the development of appropriate program budgets and monitoring program adherence.
- Monitoring program adherence to levels of service and productivity and revenue targets.
- Involvement in the RFP process, CQI initiatives and other grant initiatives as needed.
- The position requires the ability to ensure coverage and supervision at the program level in programs or in situations which require 24 hour/7 day per week response.
- Assure that program goals, objectives and the Agency Mission are understood, fostered and supported throughout at the program level.
- Ensure program compliance with fire, safety, and health standards as per licensing and or quality assurance requirements and standards.
- Facilitate staff’s understanding and incorporation of Agency determined Best Practices, Integrated Delivery and/or Evidence Based Practices models as needed.
- Represent the Agency at external meetings.
- Identifying and reporting of Agency inefficiencies that negatively impact on program ability to provide services and function in an efficient and professional manner.
- Ensuring cooperation and rapid response to service requests related to identified parish and community needs.
- Reporting to Behavioral Health Services Administration and/or Agency Administration issues that may have a negative impact on the reputation of the Agency, client and/or staff welfare or any corporate compliance issue.
- Contribute to the development of treatment protocols, clinical pathways and policy papers as needed.
- Participation as needed to Agency’s response to serious incidents and critical debriefing.
- Collaborate with Agency administration in the identification of new markets and developing marketing strategies.
- Participate in the development strategies to ensure that the Agency is regarded as a leader in its service provider communities.
- Participating on Agency committees as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
- Master’s degree in health and/or human services field required.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Excellent administrative, clinical and supervisory skills with three 3 years of relevant experience in an administrative and/or supervisory capacity.
- Must be well organized & computer literate.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate others.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be available to consult with program staff 24/7 and be available to respond to a crisis situation if necessary.
- Regularly required to talk, hear, walk, stand, & sit.
- Should be able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
- Ability to read printed & handwritten materials and computer screens.
- Able to travel to multiple locations as needed.
- Pay Type Salary
- 126 Sackman St, Brooklyn, NY 11233, USA