Family Service Coordinator; 5431-212-N
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Family Services Coordinator is responsible to coordinate parent involvement and education programs. Under direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Family Services Coordinator will directly supervise Family Assistants and Family Workers providing on-going guidance and support. Responsibilities include but not limited to coordinate recruitment and registration efforts of perspective clients; maintain all intake data; attend and participate in all family related matters; assist families in with family related matters and concerns.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to all funding source standards in addition to the Agency (Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens) policies and procedures; seeks guidance/clarification from their immediate supervisor regarding interpretation, applicability, and implementation.
- Strictly adheres to and enforces all the Agency policies regarding Confidentiality, HIPAA requirements, and Corporate Compliance regulation.
- Ensures Family Partnerships Agreements (goals) are developed and followed up with as mandates by funding source performance standards.
- Develops and secures Community Linkages and obtaining appropriate and current Community Linkage Letters.
- Maintains a yearly updates community resources binder, in agreement with the demographic changes within the community.
- Plans and implements appropriate orientation into the program for new families.
- Collecting Surveys and data related to parents’ (i.e. teachers and support staff).
Plans and implements orientation for parents.
Surveys parents’ interest in training and workshops.
Explains parents’ rights and responsibilities.
Sets up the calendar for the parent involvement program (s).
Contacts and arranges all Consultant workshops and courses for families.
Coordinates class assignments with the Program Manager.
Supervises and facilitates parents’ elections and meetings, including those related to classroom committees.
Supervises and facilitates Parent Policy Council elections and meetings.
Shares supervision and facilitates delegate election meetings.
Coordinates and facilitates social events for parents.
Documents all contacts with parents, staff, and community.
Ensures the development of Family Partnerships Agreements with Families.
Shares information with parents related to community events.
Refers families who apply for services to other resources if the program has no availability of slots (vacancies).
Plans and implements orientation with the Program Manager.
Surveys parents’ interest in training and workshops.
Sets up the monthly calendar and parent involvement program.
Shares all plans and training with the Educational Director/Program Manager, Family Assistant, and Family Worker.
Coordinates transactions or children and families (In and Out of the program).
Responsible to canvass the neighborhood.
Coordinates the registration of new families.
Participates in community meetings as part of recruitment.
Conducts home visits.
Ensures vacancies are filled as soon as they occur by enrolling children from the program’s waiting list.
Monitors contact with families.
Coordinates Pre-applications for prospective/new employees.
Maintains all children’s attendance records, including information related to absenteeism.
Responsible for the selection and enrollment of children.
In-Kind Reports related to all program contributions.
Data Master Input
All Health Tracking Reports and Development Screenings.
Provides referrals as needed.
Ensures the continuity of the Male Involvement program and related activities.
- Ensures the maintenance of close cooperation with existing community resources.
- Ensures families are continuously supported in a respectful manner.
- Refers families to other resources in the community as needed.
- Participates in Education staff meetings as a liaison to the Social Service staff.
- Shares information related to Education Meetings with respective Social Service staff.
- Coordinates monthly team meetings between Education staff and Social Service staff.
- Assists with the coordination of Parent Teacher Conferences.
- Performs other related duties
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- B.A. in Human Services/Social Work preferred.
- Family Development Credential preferred
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Two years of experience in a human service related field; preferably in an early childhood setting.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both oral and written, required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Outlook.
- Knowledge of consolidates databases preferred.
- Must have maturity of judgment and the ability to work independently within the framework of the Agency.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to relate to Funding Source Families, staff, board, community in which applicant will serve.
- Ability to provide training for staff and parents.
- Must develop a good knowledge of community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and office equipment.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, & crawling.
- Occasional running.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
- Ability to write.
- Able to travel to different locations throughout the five boroughs including but not limited to conducting Home visits.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 5902 6th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11220, USA