Sub Custodian ECE; 5432-504-H
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under the supervision of the Program Manager Substitute Custodian will be required to ensure the center is maintained in a clean, sanitary condition for the benefit of those attending the program and in compliance with health and safety rules and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to all funding source standards in addition to the Agency (Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens) policies and procedures; seeks guidance/clarification from their immediate supervisor regarding interpretation, applicability, and implementation.
- Strictly adheres to and enforces all the Agency policies regarding Confidentiality, HIPAA requirements, and Corporate Compliance regulations.
- Sweeps, mops, and waxes floors of classrooms, offices, halls, kitchen and bathrooms of center so they are kept in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Cleans all bathrooms including fixtures, urinals, toilets, washbowls, and wall tiles.
- Removes garbage and trash and cleans containers.
- Cares for cleaning equipment used.
- Keeps cots clean.
- Dusts and washes down walls.
- Cleans and replaces light bulbs.
- Cleans light fixtures.
- Conducts monthly cleanings of range hood, if any, and its parts as required by the City
Division of Fire Prevention.
- Cleans walks, play yards, and roof as needed
- Records, Supplies, and Equipment:
- Unpacks and stores supplies.
- Informs Program Manager/Educational Director of needed sanitary and cleaning supplies and repairs and replacements of cleaning equipment.
- Repairs and paints play equipment and furniture as needed. Make other repairs in center.
- Moves children’s equipment to and from outdoor play space and moves large furniture indoors as indicated.
- Keeps inventory of distributed sanitary supplies as needed.
- Follows individual work schedule provided by the Program Manager/Educational Director to indicate specific responsibilities and the time schedule for them. Responds in a timely manner to requests for program information (i.e. Custodial checklists, Inventory of supplies, etc.) and ensures this paperwork related to job responsibilities is prepared and submitted in a timely, organized, and consistent manner.
- Assists with food service as needed.
- Cooperates in total staff effort designed to improve the center’s services.
- Participates in periodic individual conferences and regular staff meetings as scheduled by the Program Manager/Educational Director. These will be called when changes are planned in the children’s program, which affect the custodial employee so that discussions and suggestions for improving the services can be made.
- Establishes and maintains positive on-going relationships with supervisors, staff, and parents/families via open communications as necessary.
- Adheres to Agency (Catholic Charities Neighborhood Services) policies and procedures, seeks guidance/clarification from their immediate supervisor re: interpretation, applicability, and implementation.
- Strictly adheres to all Agency policies regarding Confidentiality, HIPAA requirements and Corporate Compliance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, consistent with the above.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- 2 years of experience in general custodial duties, such as cleaning, repairing, and painting preferred.
- Ability to read and write in order to follow written work schedules required.
- Ability to keep simple inventory of supplies on hand as needed is required.
- Ability to maintain good work and personal habits is required.
- Good written and verbal communicative skills in English required.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movements in the performance of daily duties.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight 50 pounds including the occasional moving of furniture and setting up and replacing chairs, etc.
- Ability to adjust focus; specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- 35-33 104th St, Flushing, NY 11368, USA