Desk Crisis Counselor; 7590-505-H
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Desk Crisis Counselor (DCC) is responsible for the overall safety and security of tenants living in Caring Supported Housing LLC. The DCC participates in the program goal of providing support for tenants through active engagement with tenants, especially during evening and weekend hours, and referral to appropriate program support services. As the first person to greet all visitors to the building, the hospitality of the DCC represents the mission and professional work of Catholic Charities, Brooklyn & Queens.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Respond to safety and security concerns identified by tenants or through direct observation (including medical and or behavioral emergencies) by calling the Program Service Coordinator, or emergency services as needed.
* Log all incidents and assist tenants in completing incident reporting forms as appropriate.
* Actively engage tenants in conversation in order to promote socialization and integration in the building and community. Guide tenants to appropriate social services staff for intervention and appropriate support.
* Enforce all house rules; respect tenant rights.
* Secure indoor areas.
* Identify all guests and visitors; ensure signatures for guests who sign in and out.
* Answer telephone in professional manner; transmit messages to appropriate staff.
* Write incident reports and other communications as required by agency and funding sources.
* Assist tenants with completing maintenance work orders as needed.
* Attend training meetings as requested by supervisor.
* Walk through building and write observations as requested.
* Distribute mail as appropriate.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
* HS Diploma/ GED preferred.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
* Ability to relate appropriately to adults who are formerly homeless and may have histories of mental illness and or substance use.
* Ability to document crisis and incidents clearly and accurately.
* Ability to communicate appropriate information verbally and in writing.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Able to sit for long periods of time
* Able to walk stairs
* Ability to work a flexible schedule providing evening, weekend, and holiday coverage as needed.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 249 Classon Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205, USA