Desk Crisis Counselor; 7625-507-H
249 Classon Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205, USA Req #1140
Friday, September 18, 2020
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Desk Crisis Counselor (DCC) is responsible for the overall safety and security of tenants. The Desk Crisis Counselor participates in the program goal of providing support for tenants through active engagement with tenants, especially during evening and weekend hours, and referral to appropriate program support services. As the first person to greet all visitors to the building, the hospitality of the Desk Crisis Counselor represents the mission and professional work of Catholic Charities, Brooklyn & Queens.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Respond to safety and security concerns identified by tenants or through direct observation (including medical and or behavioral emergencies) by calling the Residence Administrator, or emergency services as needed.
* Log all incidents and assist tenants in completing incident reporting forms as appropriate.
* Actively engage tenants in conversation in order to promote socialization and integration in the building and community.
* Guide tenants to appropriate social services staff for intervention and appropriate support.
* Enforce all house rules; respect tenant rights.
* Secure indoor areas.
* Identify all guests and visitors; ensure signatures for guests who sign in and out.
* Answer telephone in professional manner; transmit messages to appropriate staff.
* Write incident reports and other communications as required by agency and funding sources.
* Provide tenants with management correspondents including rent receipts and renewal notices.
* Provide assistance with invoice processing and rent collection.
* Aid tenants with lockouts.
* Assist tenants with completing maintenance work orders as needed.
* Assist with invoice processing as requested.
* Attend training meetings as requested by supervisor.
* Walk through building and write observations as requested.
* Distribute mail as appropriate.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
* HS Diploma/ GED preferred
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
* Ability to relate appropriately to adults who are formerly homeless and may have histories of mental illness and or substance use.
* Ability to document crisis and incidents clearly and accurately.
* Ability to communicate appropriate information verbally and in writing.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Able to sit for long periods of time
* Ability to work a flexible schedule providing evening, weekend, and holiday coverage as needed.
* Regularly required to talk, hear, walk, stand, & sit.
* Able to climb stairs if necessary.
* Able to operate a telephone, computer keyboard, mouse & office equipment.
* Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
* Ability to lift up to 10lbs.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 249 Classon Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205, USA