STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Deliver Meals and holiday packages to frail and homebound elderly clients in the Community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pick up food cooler/bags and deliver meals to predetermined route of homebound clients.
- Deliver the meal in person face to face and remind clients to refrigerate the meals if not consumed immediately
- Contact program office immediately when a client does not answer the door and follow instructions given accordingly.
- Report to program office any observable problems or changes regarding the client and/or any significant information pertaining to the client.
- Keep daily gasoline and mileage records.
- Pick up and return vehicle to parking place daily.
- Maintain program reports including the completion of daily route sheets.
- Collect and record participant’s contributions.
- Operate and maintain a 2-way radio in the agency vehicle.
- Keep agency vehicle clean and in good operational condition.
- Inspect vehicle daily and report any operational or structure defects immediately to supervisor.
- Perform other program tasks assigned
- Assist other drivers as needed.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License (Class D) required.
- Must present abstract of driving record annually.
- Must obtain defensive driving certificate within 6 months of employment
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Three years driving experience with no more than one moving violation within a 24 month period, no driving while intoxicated conditions required.
- Knowledge of roadways in the area where program operates is required.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and an ability to relate to the elderly with patience and flexibility is required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English is required.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to drive vehicle for long periods of time.
- Ability to get in and out of vehicle frequently.
- Ability to assist older clients in and out of agency vehicles.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to stretch and bend.
- Frequently walking, sitting, talking and hearing.
- Occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling and crouching.
- Ability to read printed materials.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- 103-02 101st Ave, Jamaica, NY 11416, USA