Senior Mental Health Clinician
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Licensed Mental Health Professional is to be involved in an innovative mental health treatment program that will provide short term critical time interventions to individuals as they transition from a hospital/ institutional settings to the community in Queens. The role will involve program planning and development, community based assessment and treatment of clients, and crisis management. The role will require on call coverage and a willingness to be flexible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Review referral packages and conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments to determine the consumer’s medical, psychiatric, housing and other social needs in the community.
· Develop a short-term person centered treatment plan to assist the clients towards achieving their goals.
· Monitor, evaluate and record client progress with respect to treatment goals.
· Modify treatment plans according to changes in client status.
· Establish collaborative working relationships with inpatient treatment teams and plan with them appropriate discharges for clients.
· Foster relationship with community provides to ensure that clients are connected with appropriate services as they transition back into the community.
· Counsel clients in individual and group sessions to assist them in dealing with substance abuse, mental and physical illness, family issues, housing problems and unemployment.
· Escort consumers, when indicated, on appointments with community based treatment providers.
· Ensure the safety of the clients at all times
· Keep Agency vehicle clean and documents use of Agency vehicle as required.
· Provide ongoing psycho/ education to clients, their families and others within their support network.
· Provide out of hours crisis intervention services to clients and their support network.
· Work with clients and their housing providers to resolve clinical issues that are impacting on the client’s ability to manage and retain supportive housing.
·Provide clinical and supervisory oversight to the team on cases and program operations.
· Facilitate weekly meetings with staff and provide trainings as needed.
· Submit clinical and programmatic reports, both CBC/OMH required and CCNS required.
·Carry modified caseload and provide clinical coverage to cases as needed.
·Participate in supervisory review and performance appraisals of staff; participate in disciplinary process as needed.
·Submit required reports both internal and CBC/OMH required.
·Ensure step-down funds are used appropriately and accounted for and complete necessary reporting to CBC.
· Attend and participate in team meetings and supervisory sessions
· Collaborate with Health Home care coordinators.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
· Master’s degree in social work, mental health counseling, or marriage and family therapy.
· New York State Licensed Social Worker or Mental Health Counselor.
· Valid NYS Driver License required. 3 years of current driving experience with no more than one moving violation in the previous 24 months (2 years), and no driving while intoxicated convictions required.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
· A minimum of 4 years post-masters work experience in the mental health field
· Knowledge of mental illness and serious emotional disturbances and substance abuse disorders.
· Knowledge of treatment, rehabilitation, and community support programs as they relate to consumers/residents, families, and staff.
· Knowledge of techniques for identifying and preventing potentially violent behavior, including crisis management techniques.
· Ability to develop, evaluate, implement and modify a clinical treatment intervention to meet the needs of individual clients.
· Ability to prepare accurate and timely reports
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfort with public speaking, lobbying and advocacy.
· Ability to train and educate staff.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
· Ability to work flexible hours and days – including weekends/evenings/holidays according to needs of a 24/7 program.
· Regularly required to talk, hear, walk, stand & sit.
· Able to lift up to 10 pounds.
· Able to climb stairs and make home visits.
· Able to stretch and bend to retrieve files.
· Able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
· Able to read printed materials and computer screens.
· Able to write.
· Able to sit and work on the computer for long periods of time.
· Able to travel to multiple locations as needed.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 91-14 Merrick Blvd, Jamaica, NY 11432, USA