Clinical Supervisor - 4164-202-N
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under the direction of the Clinical Manager, the Clinical Supervisor has responsibility for clinical and administrative supervision. Responsibilities also include supervision of staff in the outpatient programs, assuring that program staff carries out their job responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner and maintain availability to staff for consultation during all program hours of operation.
The Clinical Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of care in order to ensure the appropriateness and effectiveness of outpatient services, identification of gaps in service delivery system, representing the Agency at meetings, conferences and public forums, strategic planning and implementation, development and implementation of processes and services that will improve the service delivery system, program development – including monitoring revenue, productivity, outcomes, staff training and development and staff supervision, compliance with contracts, agency policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and audit readiness and new initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Monitor and oversee all aspects related to the delivery of outpatient services – including program site visits on all staffing work shifts.
* Provide direct clinical services to designated client population.
* Provide clinical staff training on site.
* Upon eligibility, complete all necessary documents to obtain/retain Medicare UPIN credential and Managed Care Provider applications.
* Assume responsibility for program operations in the absence of the Clinical Manager.
* Ensure that target population has access to service according to contractual requirements and Agency Mission.
* Plan, coordinate, identify and implement program outcomes and evaluation, strategic planning, accreditation efforts and program development.
* Provide clinical supervision and consult with the clinical staff in the preparation and review of individual treatment plans.
* Provide individual clinical supervision to 4 clinical staff members.
* Responsible for orienting and training new staff.
* Provide and/or oversee supervision of staff and graduate students.
* Develop appropriate supervision coverage policies and procedures to ensure that adequate supervision and management is in effect for all work shifts.
* Track issues related to staff retention and contributing to development of methodologies to address staff turnover.
* Responsible for ensuring that all staff report incidents in a professional manner to all required forums.
* Collaborate with Agency and program staff to develop and adhere to on-site emergency response preparedness and readiness protocols.
* Monitoring staff adherence to Agency, funding source and regulatory requirements.
* Awareness, preparation and participation in internal and external audits.
* Monitoring and facilitate staff adherence to levels of service and productivity and revenue targets.
* The position requires the ability to provide coverage and supervision at the programs or in situations which require 24 hour/7 day per week response.
* Assure that program goals, objectives and the Agency Mission are understood, fostered and supported throughout at the program level.
* Facilitate program compliance with fire, safety, and health standards as per licensing and or quality assurance requirements and standards.
* Facilitate staff’s understanding and incorporation of Agency determined Best Practices, Integrated Delivery and/or Evidence Based Practices models as needed.
* Identify and report of Agency inefficiencies that negatively impact on program ability to provide services and function in an efficient and professional manner.
* Facilitate cooperation and rapid response to service requests related to identified parish and community needs.
* Report to Behavioral Health Services Administration and/or Agency Administration issues that may have a negative impact on the reputation of the Agency, client and/or staff welfare or any corporate compliance issue.
* Collect urine toxicology screenings.
* Contribute to the development of treatment protocols, clinical pathways and policy papers as needed.
* Contribute to the development of programmatic policies and monitoring staff adherence to policies.
* Involvement in the RFP process, CQI initiatives and other grant initiatives as needed.
* Participate in staff development and providing staff supervision and staff training.
* Participate as needed to Agency’s response to serious incidents and critical debriefing.
* Participate in the development and the implementation of strategies to assure that programs may obtain highest level of certification/license.
* Participate in the development strategies to ensure that the Agency is regarded as a leader in its service provider communities.
* Participate on Agency committees as needed.
* Request in a timely fashion scheduled vacation and time off request from the Clinical Manager to ensure continuous coverage of program’s access to Behavioral Health Services administration.
* Provide and/or participate in-service trainings related to behavioral health services.
* Participate in the development of the Corrective Action Plans related to audit and/or Quality Assurance activities – including implementation of the Corrective Action Plan at the program level.
* Assist the Program Manager in community liaison and outreach activities and when necessary represents the company at community meetings.
* Collaborate with program management in the identification of new markets and developing marketing strategies.
* Serve as the acting administrator in the absence of the Clinical Manager.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
* Master’s Degree from a nationally accredited institution.
* Must be licensed, Qualified Health Professional (QHP): LMSW, LCSW, LPCAT, LMHC.
* SIFI (Seminar in Field Education) Certified preferred.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
* Must have supervisory experience, at least 1-2 years’ experience working with Substance Use Disorders, and/or individuals with dual diagnoses.
* Requires a combination of skills in the following areas; operational oversight and evaluation of program services and staff, personnel management, public relations, governmental relations, leadership development and team building skills.
* Time management, organizational, and computer skills.
* Ability to evaluate and intervene in crisis situations.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Comfortable with public speaking, lobbying and advocacy.
* Bilingual Spanish speaking a plus.
* Flexibility & Creativity.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Able to be available to consult program management staff 24/7.
* Able to talk, hear, walk, stand, and sit.
* Able to lift up to 10 pounds.
* Able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
* Able to read printed materials and computer screens.
* Able to travel to multiple program sites during all hours of program operations if necessary.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 1463 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA