Television has the power to change lives, but why is it so effective? Because we can combine the art of storytelling with striking visuals, we can make something that is both moving and unforgettable. Maybe that’s why they say a picture is worth a thousand words, because one image can have such a lasting impression. To capture these enchanting moments takes a special eye, not just for image composition, but also for how it fits the story being told. The cinematographer is the visual gatekeeper for our productions. They are our risk-takers and innovators. They must be creative and pragmatic. They are both the artist and the brush. If you’re a hyper-visual person with a keen talent for bringing a story to life and the following describes you, then you should apply.
- Telling stories and bringing them to life
- Operating cutting edge camera equipment
- Composing and/or capturing shots that speaks to our heart and soul
- Working in a fast-paced, highly energetic environment
- To work alongside a production team to help reach our needs
- To ensure that set-up of production is consistent with the overall vision
- To partner with the director to determine the best combination of cameras, lenses, filters, lights, etc., for each production
- To use my creativity and visual skills to capture and compose compelling shots
- To work alongside production and marketing staff to deliver content that visually conveys the central message of heart for the world
- Visually creative and knowledgeable in the concepts of cinematography such as framing, finding the best angles, etc.
- Proficient in technical aspects of cinematography including lighting, use of lenses, frame rates, and more
- Able to work collaboratively with others to artistically create a vision for a project
- A problem-solver, adapting to the ever-changing environment of production that can be caused by unforeseen factors like bad weather, equipment problems, or even artistic changes in direction
- Able to make fast, instinctive decisions regarding which technique or piece of equipment to use to achieve the desired effect
- Continuously studying to stay on top of technological advances and how to apply them
- An efficient time manager and able to work on a deadline
- Dedicated to communicating relevant stories with excellence in visual presentation
I Also Bring With Me…
- Experience working with a team to bring a project from pre-production through post-production
- Good focus, strong hand-eye coordination, and the ability to operate a camera
- A college degree (desired) – preferably in cinematography, tv production, film or related field
- Exemplary related skills (i.e. writing, video/audio editing, directing, producing, etc.). Note – these skills are a preferred bonus.
- Collaborate with team members in production plans
- Operation of video production equipment
- Maintaining, cataloguing and tracking production equipment
- Log and organize footage of video productions
- Video editing with an understanding of the goals of the project to best deliver the message
- Responsible for operating camera equipment
- Upload and organize footage
- Trips as necessary for video and photography
- Optimize the trip itinerary to accomplish goals set
- Oversee the transport, usage and safety of equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal team members and external vendors.
- Excellent design software proficiency (Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop)
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required such as Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Film or Art.
- Two years’ experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills
- Pay Type Salary
- 5577 Youngstown Warren Rd, Niles, OH 44446, USA