When you join the Cafaro Company you become part of the Cafaro Team and Family. You will work alongside team members to achieve ambitious and exciting goals every day. The Energy Manager’s primary role is to provide overall strategic direction, implementation, and continuous improvement for all Energy Management programs. Must plan, set goals and implement said plans corporately and across the portfolio. Will complete all utility budgeting and projections and implement industry standards for operational excellence at our properties and strive to maximize the energy efficiency across the portfolio.
- Leads company procurement processes to ensure quality, cost effectiveness, and delivery from Company's supplier business partners.
- Cultivates and builds internal and external alliances and partnerships with customers and suppliers to drive cost reduction, process improvement, and best practices.
- Studies market trends, conducts and applies benchmarking/competitive assessments, as well as promoting industry standards.
- Manage all energy cost optimization projects, deregulated energy procurement, line extension rate negotiations, and utility bill payment vendor management.
- Must be intimately aware of utility rate structures, the electricity market, and energy procurement approaches.
- Represents the Company in supplier relationships which include negotiations, commercial terms and conditions.
- Maximizes assets and specific inventory investments to balance Business Unit needs with total cost management.
- Provides mentoring and direction to Assistant Energy Manager to implement buying plans and achieve goals.
- Analyze portfolio of properties for trends and anomalies in energy consumption using EM applications
- Create and update site-level dashboards of energy costs, including key metrics such as utility costs, peak demand and lost energy
- Provide support to Development, property teams and Operations Managers on all issues related to energy assets, controls and efficiency
- Provide utility budgets and re-projections as scheduled and required for portfolio
- Along with Assistant Energy Manager, program all schedules on various platforms and evaluate said platforms in terms of performance and suggest methods for standardization
- On call 24/7 to support all energy management (EM) systems for the entire portfolio.
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly proactive maintenance to all EM Systems.
- In conjunction with Assistant Energy Manager, provide weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly reports to ownership on energy usage, expenses, savings, etc.
- Recommend changes to existing processes to drive better performance and a more efficient EM environment.
- Research new technology and recommend for implementation.
- Plan and communicate all system down times.
- Create, manage, and distribute EM guidelines.
- Create knowledge base articles regularly and train as needed.
- Input extended energy schedules as requested
- Manage and inventory all hardware EM equipment
- Routine site visits to perform system health checks
- Create and manage power management plans for all properties
Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related experience a plus
- Candidate with 3-4 years of experience with utility management/Energy Procurement Required
- Must be willing to travel to all property locations within portfolio
- Certified Energy Professional (CEP) is preferential
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Competitive Health Care Plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Plan including gym reimbursement
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Pay Type Salary
- 5577 Youngstown Warren Rd, Niles, OH 44446, USA