Sr Program Manager
Are you an enthusiastic, friendly person who is looking to make his or her mark with a national company that understands work life balance? Is your enthusiasm and passion for helping people contagious? This is an opportunity to work with other highly engaged people within a culture that embraces innovation while delivering an outstanding customer experience. Joining our team is an opportunity to grow YOUR CAREER.
At BMC, we are committed to serving our customers better. With that commitment comes the need to grow our teams to own the skills and strategy internally to drive the change centered around our customers and community.
The Senior Program Manager will support the planning and delivery of strategic technology initiatives to enhance both the Sun Loan Company and Key Storage businesses. While the Senior Program Manager will report to the Director of Application Development, they will work across the disciplines in the IT Department as well as working closely with business leadership.
This role will promote and help develop processes to support the implementation Agile/Scrum methodologies into both the Applications Development and Systems/Infrastructure teams by emphasizing strong team structure and software engineering principles that builds and facilitates self-organizing teams.
We are looking for a leader who can partner with the technology leadership and business leadership teams to develop and reinforce adherence to proper business process engineering, business requirements management, software engineering, and quality engineering practices.
- Working closely with business leadership, coordinate and drive the management of business requirements from their initial definition, through formal specification, engineering, development, testing, and acceptance.
- Responsible for delivering project results by managing projects within triple constraints (schedule, cost, and scope).
- Creates and presents management level project and program reporting to communicate status, coordinate activities, and escalate risks and issues.
- Serve as scrum process advocate within the organization seeking avenues for continuous improvement to the application development and systems/infrastructure engineering processes.
- Work with the Director of Application Development to implement DevOps capabilities for large projects.
- Provide support to development and systems engineering teams as needed on a variety of situations, including coordinating inter-team projects.
- Facilitates scrum sessions to track progress, interdependencies and proactively manage risks and issues.
- Adhere to agile methodologies and ensure technology teams follow required processes and standards
- Drive documentation and lessons retention for future use.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 8+ years IT experience with at least 4 years in a Project/Program Management role
- 2+ years scrum experience
- Strong analytical; Data driven and results oriented
- Ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach challenging goals
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 254 Spencer Ln, San Antonio, TX 78201, USA