We are looking for an experienced CMM Operator to join our Avalign Technologies Thortex team in Portland. The CMM Operator will focus on CMM equipment related tasks.
What You'll Do:
- Perform source inspections in accordance with customer requirements.
- Maintaining and documenting equipment calibration records.
- Handle conflicting/changing priorities to avoid inspection delays.
- Fill out and conform to first articles and/or other various inspection plans.
- Responsible for CMM basic maintenance.
- Support quality improvement and cost savings initiatives as required.
- Maintains, perform and document established calibration intervals on all Inspection, Measurement, and Test Equipment.
- Performs first article, in-process and final inspections.
- Generate appropriate and detailed documentation, record keeping, and reports of results and performance
- Review and verify inspection and testing of parts for compliance, ensures that only acceptable product moves to the next operation.
- Completed non-conformance reports in writing for defected parts and initiate corrective action as needed.
- Assist in addressing and resolving production problems causing deviations from standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You Won’t Do:
- Feel stuck – we offer great opportunities to advance and learn
- Get bored – we make custom products, so no day is the same
- Feel like a number – we’re a close-knit bunch and always have each other’s backs
Who You Are:
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A quick learner who is always ready to gain depth of knowledge in manufacturing processes
- A reliable worker who knows the importance of showing up when it counts
- Accept assignments with open, cooperative, positive and team-oriented attitudes
- Able to plan and execute plans across teams
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal
What You'll Need:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 2+ years of experience with CMMs
- Practical knowledge of measures and dimensions, such as length, height, and distance, between reference points, using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicator, and snap gauge, to ensure product meets specifications.
- Ability to locates a reference point on part and measure dimensions such as angle, arc, and radii, using combinations of aids, such as surface plate parallel bars, angle plates, gauge blocks, V blocks, sine bars, and precision measuring instrument.
- Must understand geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, and engineering specifications to obtain product information such as dimensions, plating, and cosmetic requirements.
Avalign conducts a comprehensive background check that includes drug testing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Portland, OR, USA