We believe in the mission of our work. We believe that together, we are able to accomplish something life-changing, both for ourselves and for those around us. The Associated strives to find the most talented and dedicated individuals. We are committed to helping our professionals reach their highest potential. Ready for a change? Discover where vision, creativity, and talent come together.
The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore is seeking a full time Finance Manager to join our Finance Team. The Finance Manager will play a key role in supporting the accounting functions for one or more Baltimore-based charities
NOTE: All active full-time, part-time, and temporary staff are required to provide proof of full vaccination (COVID-19) as a condition of employment within The Associated system as of November 15, 2021.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Performing operational accounting functions to maintain accurate general ledgers.
- Assisting in preparing timely and relevant financial reports on a regular basis, including preparing and reviewing different schedules and sub-ledgers.
- Preparing comparison reports between actual revenue/expenses and budgeted categories.
- Preparing schedules, reports, and back-up materials for the audits.
- Assisting audit firm staff in preparing IRS 990 for agencies as needed, including preparation of supporting schedules and working with agency staff to complete all questions on the IRS 990.
- Assisting in agency and program budget preparation; prepare reports as requested.
- Analyzing and presenting financial reports to senior management, Board of Directors, and lay leadership.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in full cycle accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and practical work experience (minimum of three years). CPA preferred but not required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data.
- Must be able to work independently and be a team player.
- Exceptional oral communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Strong customer service skills
Compensation & Benefits
Salary Range: $70,000-$80,000 annually; salary commensurate with experience.
The Associated offers a work environment that supports professional development and collaboration. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) employer match, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center. We make work/life balance a priority offering generous vacation/sick time and paid parental leave.
Electronic submissions are preferred.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family AJC
- Pay Type Salary
- Baltimore, MD, USA