TRC- Dayhab - Secretary - Program Admin
RESPONSIBLE TO: Day Services Supervisor
To provide secretarial support services for a department or work site, serving one or more employees. This employee may be responsible for a variety of office tasks within the assigned area.
1. May greet public upon entering department or work location; directs visitors to appropriate staff.
2. Performs all typing, filing and other record keeping for assigned area, developing systems and procedures to facilitate operations.
3. May schedule appointments and maintain calendar for one or more staff members. May answer telephone and refer callers to appropriate staff member as circumstances warrant. May handle routine inquiries independently.
4. May make simple travel arrangements for staff.
5. Transcribes from manual shorthand, machine dictation, or handwritten correspondence; may transcribe technical and/or medical material as needed for department operations.
6. Maintains filing and records management systems and other office flow procedures.
7. Keeps a variety of records, distribution lists and informational files specific to the operation of the assigned department.
8. Assists in formatting and preparation of special reports and other management information.
9. Monitors inventory and utilization of office supplies and submits requisition for new supplies.
10. May provide secretarial support to other offices or departments as necessary for smooth, efficient operation.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of office administration and secretarial practices; working knowledge of information processing and filing systems; working knowledge of computerized word processing and data management; ability to type at least 35 words per minute; ability to take notes and prepare meeting minutes and summaries; ability to transcribe from dictating machine, shorthand, or other draft media; physical condition commensurate with demands of the job.
An Associate’s degree in secretarial science; OR high school or GED diploma, including secretarial studies plus two (2) years responsible secretarial experience.
Eligible for advancement to Grade 7 after two (2) years experience and acceptable performance review.
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 712 W 8th St, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA