TRC -- Day Habilitation Transportation - Driver 2 (CDL)
Dunkirk area DRIVER II - JOB DESCRIPTION
RESPONSIBLE TO:Transportation Supervisor
FUNCTION:Responsible for the safe transportation of ambulatory and non-ambulatory clients from residence to programming areas.
- Transports clients from residences to programming sites and appointments.
- Performs daily maintenance/safety checks on vehicles.
- Keeps logs of ridership, daily mileage, daily safety checks, and other records as required.
- Responsible for the emergency evacuation plan for vehicles.
- Reports needed repairs to Mechanic, Transportation Supervisor and/or Transportation Manager.
- Attend and maintain certification and required inservice training. 7. Encourages, guides, and trains individuals in developing daily living skills.
- Intervenes when individuals display inappropriate and/or injurious behavior, implementing approved methods of intervention.
- Assists in providing a safe, clean, comfortable and therapeutic environment.
- Understands, identifies and advocates for individual rights.
- Provides a positive role model for all individuals that reside in the residential facilities and in the community at large.
- Maintains compliance with state and federal regulations in areas that are directly related to their job responsibilities.
- Reports to Transportation Supervisor any information pertinent to the needs of the individual client.
- Performs other related responsibilities as assigned by Transportation Supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:New York State Commercial Driver’s License, Class C (CDL-C) with passenger endorsement; certified to transport in a 15+ passenger bus; three (3) years driving experience, ability to lift.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:Ability to become certified under Section 19A of the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law.
1/96; Rev’d 7/02; 7/06; 9/08
Support Operations and Property Management
THE RESOURCE CENTER
Grade 10/Union, Non-Exempt
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 186 Lake Shore Dr W, Dunkirk, NY 14048, USA