TRC - Executive Administrative Assistants - Reception/Admin Office - Agency Admin - Part Time
RESPONSIBLE TO: Manager/Administrator
Responsible for performing receptionist and administrative support duties for The Resource Center Administrative Offices in a professional and confidential manner.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of The Resource Center and its various programs and services. Ability to deal with the public in a professional, knowledgeable and friendly manner. Must have excellent telephone skills, be personable and have a neat, professional appearance. Working knowledge of office administration and secretarial practices; excellent organizational skills and knowledge of or ability to learn about the services provided by all departments throughout the agency; sound judgment and strong adherence to the principles of confidentiality; basic financial skills; working knowledge of information processing and filing systems; working knowledge of computerized word processing and data management; ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute. Physical condition or reasonable accommodation(s) commensurate with the demands of the job.
High school diploma or GED preferred and a minimum of three (3) years of responsible office experience, specifically, experience in dealing with the public, including a minimum of one (1) in an office environment. Associates degree or certificate in Secretarial Studies or equivalent education strongly preferred.
- Manages and handles the incoming, long distance and interoffice calls and taking and distributing messages in a timely manner. Also includes handling TTD device efficiently.
- Meets, screens, directs and logs visitors’ escorts visitors to their destinations as required in The Resource Center’s secure-site administrative offices.
- Responsible for clerical and other support services, including but not limited to:
a. Performs typing and other clerical duties as needed or assigned by supervisor and/or other departments,
b. Maintains updated database of mailing and distribution lists for both manual and electronic message and information dissemination,
c. Performs imaging duties as needed,
d. Updates and distributes Agency phone listing,
e. Assists with preparation of and distribution of information as needed or assigned.
- Ensures a clean, orderly and pleasant environment in the reception area and makes recommendations for improving customer service and operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Revision Date: 05/31/2019
THE RESOURCE CENTER
Grade 9, Non-Exempt
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 200 Dunham Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA