TRC - IRA Allocated Services - IDD RN Manager
NURSE MANAGER/RESIDENTIAL SERVICES
RESPONSIBLE TO:Coordinator of Nursing Services
FUNCTION: To ensure the consistent provision of high quality nursing services within the Residential Services Department; To coordinate the provision of healthcare between the various residences, Day Services, and medical providers; To provide on-going assessment of health-related needs and ensures timely and appropriate intervention; To provide clinical supervision, guidance, and support to RNs and RN Supervisors; To ensure competency of nursing staff to perform designated nursing tasks and deliver health maintenance care in accordance with physician orders and plans of nursing service; To ensure the education of nursing staff is consistent with changes in healthcare and clinical practices; To promote a life of hope, dignity, and purposeful living for all.
Coordination of Medical Care:
- Coordinates clinical services and programs within the agency to ensure continuity of services and support policy and procedure development.
- Serves as liaison between Residential Services and Primary Care Providers and adjunct providers to ensure health needs are identified and adequately addressed.
- Assists in systems development for Residential Services that provide consumers, families, and advocates the opportunity to have healthcare concerns heard and addressed in a consistent manner.
- Participates in meetings and committees as designated by Coordinator of Nursing Services.
- Provides support to the Coordinator of Nursing Services and/or designee on issues relating to the department and provision of nursing services.
- May serve as primary nurse for some caseloads, while providing oversight and direction to the site nurses and medical team.
- Ensures nursing services within the department adhere to OPWDD guidelines and NYS Department of Education law/regulations; Works with Residential Services administration and staff to identify and correct issues, while ensuring the provision of quality services in accordance with regulations, policy, and procedure.
- Provides clinical supervision, guidance, and support to the RNs and Supervising RNs within Residential Services to ensure that nursing staff are competent to function in their designated capacity and carry out daily responsibilities in a professional manner; Provides ongoing and formal evaluation of said nursing staff with input from directors and Residential Managers.
- Communicates nursing information, issues, and changes between department administrators, nursing, and Residential staff; Ensures systemic as well as specific health-related changes are implemented and maintained.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of nursing policy and procedures within the department; Ensures nursing and Residential staff understand any changes in plans of care/treatment and that training is provided, as required; Responsible to evaluate the continued competency of all staff providing nursing services.
- Ensures medical charts are current; Ensures nursing assessments and health-related paperwork is completed in a timely manner and accurately reflects current health status.
- Ensures the accuracy of prescription medications/treatments and that they are readily available for administration, per physician order; Trains staff and provides supervision of the refill process.
- Ensures accuracy of E-MARs and monitors medication administration inconsistencies/errors and facilitates appropriate action, as indicated.
- Ensures homes are visited on at least a weekly basis, and that all health-related activities are appropriately implemented by adequately trained staff.
- Reviews and approves the requisitioning of nursing/medical supplies and equipment and ensures supplies are readily available in adequate quantity.
- Performs all other duties as needed or assigned.
Supervisory:Responsible for the clinical (and select administrative) supervision of Supervising RNs, RNs, LPNs, Medication Technicians, Medical Aides, and/or AMAP staff, including, but not limited to:
- Making recommendations for hiring, firing, discipline, performance evaluation, in-service education, training, remediation, development, and support of department/staff.
- Ensuring competency of professional and paraprofessional staff in accordance with current Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Ensuring nursing services provided adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations governing the provision of nursing services, as well as TRC policy and procedure.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:Must possess superior ability to integrate multi-faceted information into a priority continuum; Must be able to interpret and synthesize regulations and standards of practice into departmental policies and procedures; Must be a strong patient advocate and demonstrate such abilities as: willingness and enthusiasm to motivate a diverse workforce; be an effective listener, and possess productive conflict resolution skills; Must establish and maintain a professional decorum that promotes integrity, initiative, and the highest standards of nursing practice; Must possess strong organizational and time management skills; Must be self-directed and able to initiate and manage multiple responsibilities effectively and efficiently; Excellent verbal and written communication skills across various channels is paramount; Experience with individuals with disabilities is helpful; Ability and willingness to learn new technology (i.e. EMR, etc.) is important; Must be flexible and willing to work non-traditional hours as needed or assigned to meet consumer need (including participation in on-call status on a rotating basis); Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the job; Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds waist high is required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors Degree in Nursing, or related field, with New York State licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse, plus three (3) years of experience serving in a nursing capacity, two (2) of which must be supervisory in nature; OR Associates Degree in Nursing, or related field, with New York State licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse, plus five (5) years of experience serving in a nursing capacity, two (2) of which must be supervisory in nature. Minimum of one (1) year professional experience in skilled nursing facility supporting individuals with developmental disabilities, valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record as established by the agency’s insurance carrier, use of a personal vehicle, and willingness to travel is required. This is a position that is exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. As an Exempt employee, incumbent will receive an annual salary commensurate with assigned responsibilities and salary classification; however, incumbent is expected and required to work as many hours as necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.
11/93; Revised 9/00; 10/01; 8/02; 10/03; 10/13; 9/14
THE RESOURCE CENTER
Non-graded range, Exempt
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors Degree in Nursing, or related field, with New York State licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse, plus three (3) years of experience serving in a nursing capacity, two (2) of which must be supervisory in nature; OR Associates Degree in Nursing, or related field, with New York State licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse, plus five (5) years of experience serving in a nursing capacity, two (2) of which must be supervisory in nature. Minimum of one (1) year professional experience in skilled nursing facility supporting individuals with developmental disabilities, valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record as established by the agency’s insurance carrier, use of a personal vehicle, and willingness to travel is required.
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 186 Lake Shore Dr W, Dunkirk, NY 14048, USA