TRC - Finance - Accounts Payable Supervisor
SUPERVISOR – ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SUPERVISOR
FUNCTION:To work in conjunction with the Controller in the preparation of The Resource Center’s general ledger and financial statements. To assist in the preparation, maintenance and analysis of systematic records of financial transactions concerning The Resource Center. To supervise Accounts Payable staff.
1. Supervise and assist with coverage during the absence of the Accounts Payable Clerks. Delegate assigned duties to AP Clerks as appropriate.
2. Record required general ledger code for miscellaneous cash receipts
3. Generate and create monthly journal entries as assigned,
4. Research issues and answer questions in relation to Accounts Payable and Financial Statements.
5. Conducts general ledger account reconciliations as assigned.
6. Assist in internal audit functions within the department. Assists in preparation of information for external auditors.
7. Set up new vendors in financial software. Perform required vendor check and ensure adequate W-9 form is received. Complete monthly exclusion list screening.
8. Coordinate the collection of relevant financial and statistical information required for the preparation of monthly General Ledger and Financial Statements.
9. Review invoices entered by AP clerks to ensure compliance with agency polices and procedures. Reviews aging reports and oversees daily general ledger tie out to aging report
10. Assist the Controller in the annual review and update of policy and procedure manuals. Maintain policy and procedure manual for areas of responsibility.
11. Prepares customized management reports as requested.
12. Provides coverage in absence of Controller
13. Keep current as to the developments relating to the Financial Accounting Standards Board and other regulatory bodies.
14. Manage agency travel and training.
15. Prepare annual 1099 filing.
16. Prepare communication and tracking for unclaimed funds.
17. Prepare prior property authorization submissions by obtaining vendor bids, tracking status of deliverables and submitting final project packages.
18. Track insurance claims, reimbursements and related expenses for completeness and accuracy.
19. All other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field, plus two (2) years of comprehensive financial experience, one (1) of which must be administrative/supervisory in nature OR Associates degree in Accounting, Business or related field and five (5) years of comprehensive financial experience, one (1) of which must be administrative/supervisory in nature. Valid driver’s license, use of a personal vehicle, and willingness to travel for work is required. Certification in professional management such as CFPIM, CPIM, CPM, CPA, or CIRM is highly desirable.
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 200 Dunham Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA