TRC - IRA HUD - Assistant Residence Manager 2
ASSISTANT RESIDENCE MANAGER IDD SERVICES - JOB DESCRIPTION
RESPONSIBLE TO: Residence Manager
FUNCTION: To assist the Residence Manager in the effective operation of the residence. In conjunction with and/or in the absence of the Residence Manager, provides supervision to direct care staff and ensures the implementation of individualized programming for each individual who resides at the residence.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Working knowledge of educational/training techniques for developmentally disabled adults; demonstrated competency in working with individuals with challenging behaviors. The ability to understand and follow written habilitation plans and track, collect and interpret data, including acceptable writing skills for record documentation; the ability to oversee delivery of services. The ability to organize time well and manage multiple responsibilities effectively and in a timely fashion. Reliability, adaptability, flexibility and a willingness and availability to work additional, non-scheduled hours in order to ensure coverage as needed or assigned. Ability to successfully complete and maintain required in-service training. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the job, including the ability to lift individuals in order to assist in transferring and positioning and the ability to perform Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) maneuvers and maintain SCIP certification is essential. Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record according to guidelines established by The Resource Center’s insurance carrier or equivalent accommodations required.
Assistant Residence Manager I: Associate’s Degree or 60 credit hours of college course work, preferably in a human service-related field; OR High school diploma or GED plus two (2) years work experience with favorable work history; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to indicate ability to do the job. Management/supervisory/administrative experience strongly preferred, but not required; Experience working with individuals with disabilities strongly preferred.
Assistant Residence Manager II: Associate’s Degree or 60 credit hours of college course work, preferably in a human service-related field; OR High school diploma or GED plus two (2) years work experience with favorable work history; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to indicate ability to do the job. Management/supervisory/administrative experience strongly preferred, but not required; Experience working with individuals with disabilities strongly preferred.
Assistant Residence Manager III: Associate’s Degree or 60 credit hours of college course work, preferably in a human service-related field; OR High school diploma or GED plus four (4) years work experience with favorable work history; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to indicate ability to do the job. Minimum of one (1) year of which was in a management/supervisory/administrative capacity; Experience working with individuals with disabilities strongly preferred; Participation in agency Leadership Career Path maybe substituted for one (1) year of management/supervisory experience.
SUPERVISORY: In conjunction with and/or in the absence of the Residence Manager, provides administrative supervision of assigned residence staff, including but not limited to:
a. Discipline, performance evaluation, in-service education, training, development and support, time recording, and ensuring that there are an adequate number of staff to fulfill assigned responsibilities, particularly during critical care times of mealtimes and bathing.
b. Provides orientation and training to new staff assigned to the residence.
c. Schedules the tasks performed daily by the residence staff to ensure the planning and provision of service and care to each individual, including staff scheduling and coverage.
d. Completes all required new hire paperwork, employee change forms, time sheets or other personnel-related paperwork and documentation in a timely fashion.
e. Provides assistance, guidance and training to individual habilitation staff concerning individual habilitation for consumers. f. Provides crisis intervention support services to individual habilitation staff as needed or assigned.
DIRECT CARE/DIRECT SUPPORT: Provides direct care and direct support services to individuals of the home including but not limited to:
a. Performs duties of Direct Support Professional as needed or assigned to ensure adequate staffing levels.
b. Provides care for the health needs of the individuals, including calling physicians when necessary and ensuring that their instructions are followed.
c. Provides instruction and supervision of individuals in completion of personal care, daily living, and community activities. d. Assists individuals in the pursuit of personal interest in the community, as well as, at the residence, including religious functions. e. Provides crisis intervention support services to individuals as needed or assigned.
f. Maintains NYS Medication Administration Certification and administers medications as prescribed, as needed or assigned.
g. Intervenes and reports any incidences or unusual occurrences as per policy/procedure. Ensures any immediate protective action is taken.
h. Models appropriate interaction with the individuals.
1. Provides for the health, safety and comfort of each individual by addressing day-to-day problems which arise including but not limited to: health needs, physical plant problems, staff and/or individual interaction problems, etc. In an emergency, ensures that all emergency procedures are followed.
2. In conjunction with the Residence Manager, assumes responsibility for petty cash expenditures and individuals’ personal funds expenditures and ensures the security of all funds, property and supplies located at the residence.
3. Ensures that all duties carried out are consistent with and in compliance with regulatory requirements and TRC policy and procedure.
4. Participates in the training of new Assistant Residence Managers, as needed or assigned.
5. Participates in the completion and/or coordination of a variety of tasks that contribute to the effective operation of the household, including but not limited to: transportation, shopping, housekeeping, meal planning and preparation and maintenance.
6. Conducts fire drills and submits documentation as required.
7. As needed or assigned by the Residence Manager, participates in conducting pre-placement visits for potential new individuals to the home.
8. Participate in the re-certification process as needed or assigned.
9. Participates in trainings as assigned by Administration.
1. Under the direction of the Residence Manager, ensures the implementation of a daily schedule of activities and/or services based upon behaviorally-written goals and objectives, which is in accordance with each individual’s individual program plan.
2. Contributes to the development of comprehensive services planning activities for each individual.
3. Assists the Residence Manager in the compiling of information concerning habilitative or behavioral programming for consultations as requested.
4. Assists in providing crisis support services to individual habilitative staff as needed or assigned.
5. Attends annual, semi-annual review and/or other team meetings as necessary and advises team members of significant problems or progress regarding individual treatment planning and implementation, as needed or assigned.
6. In the absence of the Residence Manager, monitors and ensures the completion of all required documentation and records of individuals.
7. Assists the Residence Manager in the development, monitoring and updates of Individual Habilitation Plans and Individual Plans of Protection.
8. In conjunction with the Residence Manager, maintains and promotes open communication with individuals’ families and correspondents, to ensure ongoing support for the individual.
1. Performs any other related duties assigned.
1. Badge Access (Assigned location)
2. E-mail (Internal account)
3. Shared Drive (Residential)
4. Time and Attendance System
5. Training Management System
6. Therap (Management access)
7. Purchasing Software
8. Maintenance Software
5/18;3/19 I/DD Services
THE RESOURCE CENTER
Grade 11/12/13, Non-exempt
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 189 Willow Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA