Sr. R&D Technician
The Sr. R&D Technician is the primary resource for operating and maintaining the analytical equipment safely and efficiently. As a critical member of the analytical team, this person will be responsible for a wide range of analyses using various analytical equipment, sample preparations, and data reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform analysis in support of research priorities using appropriate analytical equipment including HPLC, GC, GC/MS, KF, IC, GPC, TOC, and DSC
- Following the SOP, prepares samples for the testing
- Reports data from the experiments according to the direction of the manager.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment in the laboratory
- Maintain a laboratory inventory and Lab supplies to purchase as needed
- Follows all safety policies and maintains good housekeeping in the work area.
- Participates in all laboratory training, tier meetings as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related field is preferred.
- Basic analytical skills, mathematical skills, and attention to detail are required.
- Basic computer skills such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with chemicals is preferred
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and critically analyze details
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, as well as good teamwork skills
- Project a positive image and serve as a role model for others
- Treat others with fairness, respect, and dignity and encourage others to do the same
- Openly accept feedback from others by changing and modifying behavior
- Must set a high personal standard for own performance and manage to those standards
- Demonstrate a high level of versatility and flexibility in response to a wide range of situations
- Create a positive environment where everyone can flourish and be successful
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification. AdvanSix Inc. requires all new hires to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated for Covid 19 prior to beginning employment, subject to any legally required accommodation. In accordance with the law, AdvanSix Inc will consider accommodation requests for an exemption due to medical conditions, including pregnancy, or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent vaccination.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
- Job Family RD01 - Technology R&D
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chester, VA, USA