Quality Assurance Specialist
Quality Assurance Specialist
AdvanSix has an immediate opening at our Chesterfield, Virginia facility for a Quality Assurance Specialist in our Quality Assurance Lab. This position will work with all levels of the organization to ensure the safe and profitable operation of the Chesterfield Plant.
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process and finished samples using laboratory equipment
- Distribute samples for laboratory testing
- Troubleshoot laboratory equipment
- Calibrate instruments
- Prepare standards
- Maintain housekeeping of area
- Stay compliant with all safety training and requirements
- Participate in AdvanSix OS (Operating System) principles, i.e. Standard Work, 5S, Continuous Improvement, etc.
- Train Quality Assurance trainees
- Additional duties as directed
- Minimum high school diploma/GED
- 2 or more years of manufacturing experience or a recent graduate with an Associate’s Degree or higher in a technical or science related field
- Must be willing and able to work in a 8-hour rotating shift environment that includes holidays, weekends, and required overtime
- Proficiency with a computer, including programs such as Word and Excel
- Must be able to complete a background check and drug test successfully
- Must have strong math, organization and communication skills
- Must be willing and able to work in a team environment
- Must meet minimum physical requirements needed to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry or technical field
- Ability to lift and move objects that weigh up to 30 lbs
- Ability to stand for extended periods
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification. AdvanSix Inc. requires all new hires to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated for Covid 19 prior to beginning employment, subject to any legally required accommodation. In accordance with the law, AdvanSix Inc will consider accommodation requests for an exemption due to medical conditions, including pregnancy, or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent vaccination.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
- Job Family SC00 - ISC Chesterfield
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chester, VA, 4101 Bermuda Hundred Road, Chesterfield, Virginia, United States of America