Production - Machine Operator - Sewing
As a member of the production team, the Sewing Operator is required to operate or tend sewing machines to create and close materials in the manufacture of upholstered goods.
- Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of safety principles and practices; follows all safety policies and procedures to support a safe working environment and grow our “Safety First Culture”.
- Pin, mark, trim and do any required preparation work on raw material assemblies.
- Sew all raw materials, including support tapes and webbing.
- Perform all daily routine maintenance and adjustments on sewing machines.
- Complete all required paperwork and recordkeeping.
- Assist as needed in the training of new operators.
- Read and interpret work specification sheets and drawings.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Execute and document quality inspections per SOP.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned by supervision.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible to be cross-trained in multiple departments.
- Must be a self-starter and motivator.
- Work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Able to read and understand patterns, measuring tape and or measuring rulers.
- Understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions.
- Effectively communicate information and respond to questions from various levels within the organization.
- Possess basic mathematical skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Perform basic visual quality inspections on products.
- Maintain the production pace of other team members.
Education and Experience
- Highschool or equivalent (Preferred).
- Industrial Sewing Machine: 2 year (Preferred).
- Manufacturing: 2 year (Preferred).
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Performing duties outside the normally scheduled work hours occasionally occurs and is required.
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold.
- The noise level that is typical for this work environment can be loud.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- May involve some repetitive motions.
- Utilize power tools and various equipment as needed to perform duties.
- Manual and physical dexterity needed to perform duties of the position
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Maintain the production pace of the other team members.
- Will engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of furniture.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by team member assigned to this classification. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by team member assigned to this classification.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
As a potential Woodhaven team member, you will share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You will be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You will have an opportunity to work for a company that prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Woodhaven is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class.
Woodhaven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family WV
- Job Function Woodhaven
- Pay Type Hourly
- Woodhaven Bedding Fairburn, 5003 Terminus Dr, Fairburn , Georgia, United States of America