Sr. Loss Mitigation Officer
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Sr. Loss Mitigation Officer in our Homeownership Division.
This important role will be responsible for evaluating new Borrowers Assistance Packages (BAPs) and providing optimum homeowner retention and foreclosure avoidance solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Efficiently and effectively evaluating and resolving newly assigned Borrower’s Assistance Packages;
- Managing pipeline/caseload to ensure that all Virginia Housing borrowers are provided the most positive customer experience possible;
- Serving as a point of contact by being available and responsive, and maintaining and managing relationships with assigned borrowers.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education or relevant work experience
- Several years’ knowledge of Freddie Mac loss mitigation programs and underwriting standards
- Extensive working knowledge of Black Knight/MSP Servicing Platform and MOD Negotiator Application
- Strong understanding of FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- Working knowledge of CFPB rules and regulations
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to have positive interactions with customers, peers and management and to work across departmental lines
- Ability to meet critical deadlines with acute attention to detail
- Strong organizational, analytical and verbal and written communication skills
Preferred qualifications includes several years’ experience utilizing Fannie Mae’s SMDU and Freddie Mac’s Workout Prospector applications and underwriting knowledge of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Flex Mod, Cap and Extend Mod Programs. Knowledge of programs implemented to assist borrowers who were impacted negatively by the COVID Pandemic.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
Per Executive Directive #18, effective September 1, 2021, Virginia Housing associates are required to disclose their vaccination status to Human Resources as a condition of employment. Those individuals not fully vaccinated by their start date are required to undergo weekly Covid-19 testing.
This position will close at midnight on February 8, 2022.
Hiring Range: $54,494 - $70,841
A background check will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $54,494.00
- Max Hiring Rate $70,841.00
- Travel Required No
- Richmond, VA, USA