Credit and Collections Representative
The Collection Representative is responsible for curing all levels of delinquent accounts. While following the Collection Departments guidelines, the Collections Representative will work to bring delinquent unpaid balances to a positive balance by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Partner with the company’s accounts receivable in pursuing collection of accounts in accordance with the Hoya Vision Collection Standard Operations Procedures (SOP).
· Hoya Vision Collections Rep. will make regularly scheduled collection calls when accounts become delinquent based on payment terms. Hoya Vision collectors will also work to resolve any and all disputes, provide status updates and help gather any missing paperwork or contact information, etc. in effort to collect or resolve the balances on accounts.
· Hoya Vision Collectors will be required to make calls and or send emails on all delinquent accounts each month. Must be organized and efficient to make sure no delinquent accounts are missed.
· Hoya Vision collectors are required to keep a daily, weekly promise to pay sheet (PTP). The PTP sheet must be easy to read and available upon request.
· Daily and weekly collection goals set by the collection supervisor must be adhered to.
· Hoya Vision Collectors are responsible for providing clear detail regarding all adjustments. It is the Collectors responsibility to include all documentation required to clear adjustments initiated by the collections department.
· Hoya Vision Collectors are required to keep notes on all collection calls so that a history is maintained for all accounts regarding collection efforts. Notes must be clear and concise so that readers can understand the payment issues.
· Communication with the Accounts Receivable Department must be efficient and effective. This may include email or phone communications.
· Hoya Vision Collectors will monitor all accounts for potential write-offs. When all avenues to collect the balance have been exhausted, the Collector’s will make recommendations for Third Party Collections and or Legal action. In addition, the Hoya Vision Collector will ensure that all requests be clear as to why the account is now a total loss and what actions were taken to collect the remaining balance. Summaries must be clear and concise.
· Provide data for management meetings. The meeting will include portfolio performance and action plans for resolving delinquent accounts.
· Hoya Vision Collectors will be responsible for placing delinquent accounts on credit hold and releasing holds in accordance with Hoya policies.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Negotiation Skills – Is able to settle a dispute with the best possible outcome, while maintaining the business relationship. Seek a win/win outcome.
Oral/Written Communication – Speaks in a clear and precise tone regardless of situation; listens and comprehends instructions; responds well to questions. Writes clear and detailed notes.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Is able to adapt to a high stressed, high volume environment.
Attendance/Punctuality – Arrives at work on time ready to work; Availability to work overtime as needed.
Diversity - Promotes a harassment-free environment.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or GED required; At least one to five years related experience with Business to Business collections or Accounts Payable/Receivables.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals. Has the ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence. Has the ability to speak effectively in the presence of customers or employees of organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. People will be on the phones talking with customers, the noise level may rise on some occasions.
The duties outlined in this document are not limited to what is presented and are not exclusive. You may be asked from time to time to perform additional duties by your supervisor or another member of management.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lewisville, TX, USA