Field Service Engineer - Australia (Sydney, NSW)
Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 30 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health. We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with employees in 15 countries and growing. None of this would be possible without the talent and passion of our employees.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success, shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Our international markets have a significant expansion opportunity, with a consumer penetration focus, category creation and expansion, and new market expansion. In Cynosure’s international division, we are investing for growth both in marketing direct to consumer, proactively building an omni-channel approach including online and developing the best distributor partnerships while flexing to embrace relevant and meaningful adjacent categories.
The Field Service Engineer performs direct service activities on Cynosure medical aesthetic products in the metropolitan region of the assigned capital city. The role will provide a high level of service to customers on the installation, repair, service, maintenance, or enhancement of hardware and/or software products. Travel on occasions will include regional and interstate areas with some international travel for training.
Operational Role Responsibilities
- Install equipment at customer sites.
- Repair, test, calibrate and install laser systems, sub-systems and/or sub-assemblies within KPIs
- Provide instrument and sample preparation training to customers.
- Provide emergency service and repairs and Preventative Maintenance as requested by customers.
- Report to supervisor any potential problems which could impact timely completion of assigned tasks, equipment shortcomings, and more complex equipment problems
- Maintain complete and accurate service records
- Interact with customers and monitor accounts
- Provide on-site technical support for workshops and/or shows
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor
Provide technical support and business guidance remotely through call center on
non-scheduled service days.
- Promote service agreements to customers.
- Maintenance and accuracy of assigned inventory.
- Continually develop, exercise and maintain excellent customer relations skills
- Continually develop company and product Knowledge
- Special assignments and administrative duties as directed by Field Service Manager or designate.
- Maintain company assigned tools, laptop, iPad , mobile phone and test equipment in satisfactory condition.
People & Leadership Responsibilities
- Clear communication to customers on issues and solutions
- Clear communication within team to allow best practice sharing and continuous improvement
- Advise less experienced team members as needed
- Familiarity with computers, DOS, Word and Excel
- Demonstrate familiarization with basic electromechanical equipment and servicing
- Focus on detail and accuracy
- Balance speed with safety
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work remotely and independently with limited guidance
- Experience in electromechanical equipment and servicing
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Electronics / Electrical qualifications or equivalent Electrical trade
- Diploma or degree engineering qualification ideally in Electronic/Electrical, Computer or Medical Science, Biomedical or related discipline
Specific Related Experience:
- 2-3 years related field service experience in troubleshooting medical electronics equipment
- Technically oriented with hands on Laser technical experience preferred
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 25 kilos
- Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- Job Family Field Engineering
- Job Function Field Service
- Pay Type Salary
- Sydney NSW, Australia