Are you a creative, visual storyteller? Comfortable with both photography and videography? Are you passionate about acting as a public ambassador through community outreach and connecting with readers through social media? Do you love collaborating with others to shape storytelling that will generate audience interest?
If you answered yes, keep reading.
The Times Record in Fort Smith, Arkansas, a member of Gannett Co., Inc. and the USA TODAY NETWORK, is looking for photographer/videographer to join our digital-first team.
In this role, you will:
Create quality multimedia storytelling using photography, videography and text that accurately informs, entertains and engages our audience.
- Use audience metrics to assist in making coverage decisions.
- Demonstrate high command of techniques and sophisticated craftsmanship in photo/video storytelling and community engagement. Act as a community watchdog in this area of expertise.
- Collaborate and connect with the community through visual storytelling and outreach.
- Work with editors and other journalists to evaluate what's working and what's not, and develop ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
- Work on special projects and perform editing of visuals when needed.
- Provide great customer service, helping our audience find answers and solutions.
- This job will include evening and weekend work.
Here's what you need:
- Degree in communications, journalism or equivalent experience and education
- Internship or previous experience in the job duties preferred
- Experience with multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms
- Exceptional core photojournalism skills (reporting, photography and videography)
- Ability to use basic and advanced computer programs, including but not limited to video editing software and Adobe Photoshop
- Deep understanding of and curiosity about competition for our customer’s time and money
- Be self-motivated and self-directed
- Organizational skills
- Understanding of social media and how to respond and engage fan base on digital platforms
- Be an effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities
- Be able to multitask and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Know how to use time efficiently in a 24-hour news environment
- Must embrace peer-to-peer feedback and training
- Ability to apply innovative, creative thinking to support the company's goals
- Proficient writing, spelling, grammar, AP and local style skills
- Command of media law and USA TODAY Network Principles of Ethical Conduct
- Candidates must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record, proof of insurance and their own transportation.
- Job Family Photography & Video
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Arkansas, USA
- Fort Smith, AR, USA