Gannett Publishing Services
The Press Manager is responsible for all pressroom operational, administrative and financial functions to ensure efficient press operations to achieve & maintain on-time production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational safety. May include weekend, evening, early morning, late night or holiday shifts around loud production equipment. Work a flexible schedule as needed based on business need.
Responsible for overall department financial performance including collaborating with Production Director on annual budget preparation including monthly/quarterly financial performance (expense and revenue estimates) and reporting compliance.
· Responsible for overall quality, efficiency and timeliness of the press and newsprint operations.
· Responsible for oversight of pressroom/department staff including hiring, scheduling, training, performance, employee relations, employee development and ensuring that company policies/practices are adhered to.
· Serve as a liaison between departments to promote, guide and implement ideas and solutions to ensure that customer service standards are achieved.
· Responsible for collaborating with Production Director on capital project development & execution.
· Accountable to ensure equipment maintenance and repair is completed timely to avoid disruption of production.
· Responsible for supply inventory and purchasing.
· Must be able to handle personnel and administrative functions
Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Assist in leading safety compliance within the department including accident investigations and follow up.
· Report work related injuries to insurance carrier.
· Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
Immediately report any operational concerns, potential safety hazards and all accidents/injuries
· Provide timely & accurate reports and information to the operations team and management.
· Responsible for communication regarding equipment repairs and/or consumable materials.
· Respond to customers via phone and e-mail correspondence to resolve subscriber issues.
· Minimum five years’ management experience in a print environment
· Five to seven years’ previous experience operating similar equipment
· Knowledge of OSHA regulations required.
· English language fluency: Speaking, reading & writing
· Proven leadership experience required.
· Proven above average verbal & written communication skills
· Proven excellent time management skills working in a fast-paced deadline driver environment
· Financial acumen
· Mechanical aptitude
· Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office
· Basic understanding of computer technology and electronics
- Job Family Printing/Press
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Salary
- Savannah, GA, USA