Gannett Publishing Services
Des Moines, IA
WE ARE OFFERING A STARTING HOURLY SALARY OF $27-30 PER HOUR BASED ON EXPERIENCE.
WE WILL ALSO OFFER A $2,250 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR THIS ROLE
This journeyman electrician-technician will be working on the newest technology in printing equipment in a growing production facility.
Responsibilities include troubleshooting relay logic circuits, working from electrical schematics, repairing equipment associated with pre-press, printing, and packaging issues.
• Troubleshoot, repair, maintain electric/electronic systems associated with offset presses.
• Troubleshoot, repair, maintain electric/electronic systems associated with packaging equipment, prepress equipment.
• Assist with associated troubleshooting, installation, repair, and maintenance of various facility electrical issues as required.
Skills and Abilities
• Mechanical aptitude, ability to read and comprehend prints and schematics.
• Knowledge of drive controls, PLC logic controllers, synchronous and asynchronous motors, instrumentation and measurements.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment while meeting production deadlines.
Education / Training
One of the following is preferred:
Four-year apprenticeship program, journeyman certification, trade school certification, or military training.
Requirement for this role
• Electrician Technician must have ability to troubleshoot, diagnose electrical problems with machines and systems and have problem solving abilities to repair same.
• Must be able to communicate with co-workers and individuals from other departments to better understand problems and issues.
- Job Family UNION
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Hourly
- 7400 Register Dr, Des Moines, IA 50321, USA