Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Job Title: Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Reports To: Team Lead, Software Development
Department: Software Development
Location: Remote working
Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of Software Quality Testing.
The ideal candidate will be able to maintain and operate test automation frameworks.
With minimal supervision design, authors, automates, executes, log defects, and provides status reports of application testing on Mid to High Complex Projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaboration with the scrum team in creating automated tests earlier in the SDLC
- On-going automation of manual tests and subsequent integration into automated regression test suites
- Test Plan / Acceptance Criteria design and creation
- Test Case creation and execution
- Defect logging
- Provide Estimates for QC Effort detailing breakdown of activities
- Participates or provides leadership for multiple QC activities
- Is self-managed to react to and provide support to both IT and business teams
- Perform best practices/methodologies, QC and end to end testing using manual or automated tools
- Provides advice and support to other business areas in the use of Prometric QC processes & procedures. These could include Best Practice/methodologies, QC and end to end testing or tool selection, automation and use
- Contributes to the development of business documentation. Delivers business documents related to Prometrics QC programs that includes areas such as best practices, testing or tool support
- Implements improvements to test techniques, projects and audit processes to create efficiencies
- Provides input on specified test area, platform or client for readiness meeting before production push.
- Provides QC results, risk assessment and go/no go recommendation
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and typically 2 to 5 years’ experience in QC
- QC methodologies, industry best practices, software development lifecycle
- Experience with automating test scripts using tools such as Coded UI, Selenium, Quick Test Professional, JMeter, Soap UI an advantage.
- Experience of Microsoft development environment – Visual Studio & Team foundation Service, Azure Devops
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. Fluency in English is essential
- Windows O/S, Browser compatibility, GIT, Azure, Oracle or rational DBs, SQL, UNIX/LINUX user commands/editors/shell scripts, web services, batch file scripting & testing C# based applications, selenium, Vmware, developing API and Service level tests.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with keen attention to detail
- Is proficient in the use of the supported SQA tool suite.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office packages
- Exposure to Behavior Driven Development and Testing
- Experience of working with Agile/DevOps process management methodology.
- Formal training in SQA methods e.g. ISTQB training.
- Attends conferences and/or user groups; belongs to professional organizations e.g. SoftTest Ireland, ISTB, and Vivit etc.
- Has good to excellent knowledge of most of the following:
- Entgelttyp Gehalt
- Dublin, Irland
- Dundalk, Co. Louth, Irland