Team Lead - Software Development
Job Title: Team Lead, Software Development
Reports To: Manager – Software Development
Department: Software Development
Location: Remote Position
The Software Developer Lead will utilize their knowledge of principles, practices and procedures related to programming and application server operations to develop and maintain programs written in languages and technologies such as C#, Java, MVC. This includes, but is not limited to, web front-end user interfaces using angular/typescript/react, middle tier components, data interfaces and databases. Collaborating with a team of experienced analysts, developers and business resources to build highly performing enterprise systems that help grow the business.
The Prometric agile development is primarily .NET, SQL Server and Java
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver on planned feature development and lead the/ team during planning events.
- Participate in software code reviews and process improvements to maintain code quality metrics.
- Mentor junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices.
- Research/Introduce new tools and processes that lead to improved quality and efficiencies.
- Provide regular update of status and activities.
- Design, develop and implement unit and scenario testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development.
- Integration testing and interaction with quality control and deployment teams
- Liaise with Architecture teams to evaluate and introduce new technologies into system designs
- Undertake team one to one meetings and take ownership of goal setting for team members, build and manage high performance teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 6+ years professional object-oriented design and development skills.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team of developers.
- Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices while leading and mentoring a team of developers.
- Solid understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability.
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good understanding of design concepts and development patterns.
- Ability to use version control software such as GIT and SVN.
- Experience in high scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation.
- Performance tuning, optimization skills for scalable systems.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working with Azure Dev-ops.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem.
- Familiar with Scaled agile Framework (SAFE).
- PCI and/or FISMA (or similar) compliance standards preferred.
- Experience working with CMMI.
- Entgelttyp Gehalt
- Dublin, Irland
- Dundalk, Co. Louth, Irland